GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU.
This Privacy Notice provides clear information on:
- How we collect your personal data
- The types of personal data we collect
- How we use your personal data
- How we store and protect your personal data
- Our legal obligations relating to the use of your personal data
- Your rights relating to personal data that we hold about you
- Your right to access data held about you
- Our Cookies Policy
How We Collect Your Data
The data we collect is provided to us by you, or a parent/guardian acting on your behalf. It is collected when you or the parent/guardian:
- Completes a Contact Us form on our website
- Completes a Free Trial Lesson form on our website
- Provides information to us in an email or letter
- Provides information to us by telephone
- Tells us in person
The Data we Collect
The personal information we collect when you register for a FREE trial lesson, or as a member of our martial arts school. This can include any or all of the following:
- The full name(s) and address(es) of the person(s) making the enquiry, booking a lesson or joining as a member
- The email address of the person(s) making the enquiry, booking a lesson or joining as a member
- The telephone numbers of the person(s) making the enquiry, booking a lesson or joining as a member
- The date of birth of the person(s) making the enquiry, booking a lesson or joining as a member
- The occupation of the person(s) making the enquiry, booking a lesson or joining as a member
We also capture additional information such as; any other martial arts that you have previously studied, any previous martial art grades you have previously achieved, and what you are looking to achieve should you join Blaze Martial Arts.
After your FREE trial lesson, should you then wish to join our school, this information will be used to process your membership and the original registration form will then be destroyed. Should you decide NOT to join our school, the original registration form will be destroyed.
On joining our school we will also ask you to complete a ‘Terms & Conditions’ form outlining our Terms & Conditions. This form provides an opportunity to accept or decline the receipt of promotional emails and newsletter, exclusively from us as a member of our mailing list.
Photographic & Video Consent
From time to time we may take photographs or video footage of the classes for use on promotional material, social media or the Blaze website. Any photographs or video footage taken of the classes will only be used by Blaze Martial Arts and will not be shared with any third party.
It should be noted that the use of general group photographs does not require explicit parental consent.
We may contact you about important dates and events via e-mail and text message. Your details will never be passed on to any other company.
How we use Your Personal Data
The personal information provided to us will only be used in connection with the services we are providing to you and in a way that you have provided permission.
We will use your personal information to:
- Process your membership and provide confirmation details
- Obtain and confirm payments for our services bank transfer
- Respond to any questions or comments via e-mail, telephone or by post.
- Provide additional information that may be useful to you or is requested
- Return any items that you may forget to take with you when leaving a Blaze Martial Arts school
- Provide you with details of discounts and other Blaze Martial Arts promotions or information (where you have granted permission)
How we Store Your Data and Keep it Secure
We take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to store your information in a secure manner and to prevent its loss or misuse.
We will not store or process your personal information outside the United Kingdom.
Your data is stored on a secured computer drive on a designated computer, which is password protected and accessed only by authorised personnel at Blaze Martial Arts (The Proprietors).
Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We will not disclose any personal data we hold to any third parties, unless with your express and documented permission. We may however, disclose your personal data to third parties where it is required by law and evidence of this will be retained.
Right to Access
You may request that we provide you with any personal data we hold about you. This is commonly referred to as ‘subject access’. You may request this verbally or in writing and we will provide this personal data to you within 1 month of the initial request. We will not charge for this provision of your personal data
Right to Erasure
You may request to have personal data that we hold on you to be erased. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. You may request this verbally or in writing and will erase your personal data using appropriate methods within 1 month. We will not charge you for the erasure of your personal data.
We will not keep your personal data longer than we need it. The duration of which will be directly related to the purposes of holding your personal data. We will periodically review the data we hold and erase this data when we no longer need it.
Third Party Websites
Our website contains links to other websites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites and as such, you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.